AWP, Portland 2019
Oregon Convention Center
Drop by the Saddle Road Press Booth to sign up for a free mini tarot reading in celebration of the Heart's Compass Tarot and Writing Workbook, forthcoming soon from Saddle Road Press.
I will be giving ten minute readings on Thursday March 28, 2019 from 9-4 and Friday March 29 from 2-5. These three cards draws will be based on your writing project at hand or any other question of the heart.
You can also pick up a sample chapter from the tarot workbook that gives you an exercise for using tarot principles to write a cento (poem compromised of lines by other poets).
Here's a list of Saddle Road Press authors and the books you will find at our table:
- Dane Cervine, The Gateless Gate and Polishing the Moon Sword
- Erika Howsare, How Is Travel A Folded Form?
- Stefan Kiesbye, The Staked Plains
- Ire’ne Lara Silva, Blood Sugar Canto
- Ire’ne Lara Silva, Cuicacalli: House of Song
- Don Mitchell, A Red Woman Was Crying (2019 edition)
- Tania Pryputniewicz, November Butterfly
- Jessamyn Smyth, The Inugami Mochi
- Ruth Thompson, Whale Fall & Black Sage
- Rolf Yngve, Dog Watches
Unmasked: Women Write About Sex and Intimacy After 50. Join us also on Thursday evening from 5-7 p.m. for an off-site reading from Unmasked featuring eight poets and essayists who contributed to the anthology. They include Debbie Brosten, Roberta Feins, Ellaraine Lockie, Tanya Ko-Hong, Bernadette Murphy, Lisa Rizzo , yours truly, and Cathie Sandstrom. The event will be at the offices of Nurture Realty, 1100 SE Division Street, Suite 120, Portland, 97202.