Friday, January 29, 2010

"3 a.m. New Melleray Monastery..."

...is up at Autumn Sky. New Melleray Monastery is one of my favorite places in Iowa, as I wrote in an earlier post.

Also live at Reality Hacker : an interview with Sandy Frank on her first completed Beings of Light sculpture; photo featured here was taken by Robyn Beattie.

This particular sculpture rests on our piano at home (a gift for my husband). It stands nearly 18 inches by 6 inches across, and given the light inside, is exquisitely warm to the touch. One's palm fits perfectly across the stomach--something you learn when you live with one of these miniature beings of light. I had to give her temporarily back to Sandy for a photo session, and I miss her already...

Contact info:

To view Robyn's photos: www.robynbeattie.com,

To view more of Sandy's work or to learn about the sculpture classes she teaches:

www.sandyfrankfineart.com
email: sandyfrankfineart@gmail.com

3 comments:

Ethel Rohan said...

Tania, I'm sorry to come to this powerful poem so late. I've read and re-read "Autumn Sky" and think it's stunning, especially that final stanza. I love the idea of God as our inner voice, our gut instinct and protector. That rings true for me. I also lingered on so much more, including "a rind of the moon." Congratulations. PS My word verification is "holdrous" -- how apt.

Tania Pryputniewicz said...

Ethel,

thanks for your kind thoughts...have very much missed your blogposts streaming in here, so I'll get with it and figure out to link to your new. Maybe will see you at the mini WOW? Hoping to read a few poems at open mic, but haven't heard back if I made the list yet.

Ethel Rohan said...

Tania, I just saw this and thought of you: http://thesongcave.blogspot.com/

I'll have to look into mini WOW, not sure I'm going ...